Gynecology and Obstetrics are medical specialties dealing with female reproductive systems. Even though the jobs are combined, the two components are distinct. Maternal and child health specialists obstetricians treat patients during pregnancy, labor, puerperium, and postpartum. A gynecologist typically specializes in the health of the female reproductive system and has received training in this area. Since both of these professions revolve around women, they have been combined. The doctors specializing in women’s health are called obstetricians and gynecologists. In addition to providing medical care related to pregnancy and childbirth, they diagnose, treat, and assist in preventing disorders, especially those affecting women. A gynaecologist specialist singapore focuses on female reproductive health and specializes in women’s health.
Obstetrics, pregnancy and childbirth, menstruation and reproductive concerns, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hormone imbalances, and other issues are all treated by them. In various parts of the world, women prefer to see a well-woman clinic rather than their family doctor when they have health problems. The gynecologist can treat the patient by referring the patient to another specialist. Those who wish to become a gynecologist specialist in Singapore must first become doctors for four years, then specialize in obstetrics and gynecology for another four years. A final examination must be passed before they can be certified and registered.
When to see a gynecologist specialist in Singapore?
Appointments with a gynecologist in Singapore are recommended for annual screenings and symptoms such as pelvic, vulvar, vaginal pain, or irregular bleeding.
Gynecologists treat conditions associated with pregnancy, fertility, menstruation, and menopause, as well as family planning, such as contraception, sterilization, and abortion.
- PCOS is a condition that affects the tissues that support the pelvic organs, such as ligaments and muscles.
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Benign conditions include ovarian cysts, fibroids, breast problems, vulvar and vaginal ulcers, and other noncancerous reproductive tract changes.
- There are two premalignant diseases to be aware of: endometrial hyperplasia and cervical dysplasia.
- Cancer of the reproductive tract includes malignancies of the uterus, breast cancer, and pregnancy-related tumors.
- Congenital anomalies of the female reproductive system
- Women should consult a gynecologist annually and at any time they experience pelvic, vulvar, or vaginal pain or irregular bleeding.
- Gynecologists typically treat concerns associated with pregnancy, fertility, menstruation, and menopause, as well as family planning, which includes contraception, sterilization, and termination of pregnancy.
- STIs polycystic ovary syndrome pelvic organ supportive ligaments and muscles problems
- Urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence.
- Cysts in the ovaries, fibroids, breast problems, vulvar and vaginal ulcers, and other benign abnormalities in the reproductive system are examples of gentle ailments.
- Endometrial hyperplasia and cervical dysplasia are examples of premalignant disorders.
- Breast cancer, malignancies of the reproductive tract, and cancers associated with pregnancy
- Female reproductive tract anomalies that are present at birth
Every woman must see a gynecologist specialist in Singapore regularly because of the health effects and unknown diseases.